$70,000 – $150,000
Hawthorne Lane is a boutique staffing firm specializing in recruitment for Paralegal roles in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We work with a select group of small, mid-sized, and global law firms and corporate legal departments looking to hire top notch Paralegal professionals. These firms offer opportunities across litigation, corporate, real estate, family, trusts and estates, IP, international trade, and other areas. Our clients are seeking professionals with two or more years of hands-on legal experience and the ability to work in time-sensitive environments with high-touch internal contacts and clients. If you are seeking an opportunity to take your Paralegal career to the next level, or if you’re looking for more work from home flexibility, send in your resume today to start a conversation! If your qualifications meet the needs of any of our roles, one of our expert recruiters will reach out to help you identify which of our many opportunities is the right match for your specific goals.
About the Jobs:
- Responsibilities include managing large cases, coordinating deadlines, and liaising with attorneys, courts, and clients.
- Use your Paralegal skills to draft legal documents and correspondence, prepare court filings, manage large document databases, coordinate discovery, and/or assist with corporate closings and deals.
- Utilize various software packages to maintain case-related documents, prepare presentations, create demonstratives, track deadlines and generate reports.
About the Cultures:
- Employers who value their Paralegal support professionals and show appreciation.
- Fun and lively work cultures with a variety of in-person, hybrid and remote environments.
- Competitive compensation packages with medical insurance, PTO, 401(k), bonus eligibility and opportunity for paid overtime.
- Experienced. You have a minimum of 2-5 years of Paralegal experience. Degrees and paralegal certification are preferred.
- Relative technical experience. You are familiar with legal processes and have experience working across various programs such as Westlaw, LexisNexis, and Relativity.
- Professional delivery. You treat others with respect while moving objectives forward. Perfected verbal and written communication skills are a must!
- Cool and collected. You move swiftly, yet accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and you stay calm during heightened times.
- Effective. Because you’ll be working closely with busy attorneys, partners and staff, you have excellent time management, customer service and follow-through.
- Trustworthy. You understand the importance of confidentiality and act carefully with sensitive information.
- People-minded. You enjoy working on a team and assisting others with a welcoming and positive attitude.
- Flexible. You understand the importance of meeting deadlines and deliverables. You are available to work late nights and weekends if needed.
Hawthorne Lane is privileged to partner on new and upcoming opportunities continually, so if you don’t see an immediate fit on our website, send in your resume to start a conversation for when the right match opens!
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, we encourage you to call us at 202-753-5070.