$55,000 – $65,000
As the Paralegal to the firm’s busy regulatory practice group, you will support client development initiatives and project-based tasks in a busy DC Law Firm. You will play a critical role in preparing agency filings and track regulatory and legislative activities related to cases. In addition to assisting with exciting legal work and helping attorneys finalize critical documents, you will also be called on to present findings at weekly team meetings. Candidates with at least one and a half years of experience seeking a stable and a supportive culture should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
About the Job:
- Strengthen the attorney/client relationship by keeping clients informed of case status and responding to client questions in an effective and timely manner.
- Prepare documents for upcoming meetings, update the team on approaching deadlines, and follow-through with appropriate documentation for casework management.
- Manage and organize client matter forms in firm’s database while combing through documents for typos and grammatical errors.
- Assist the attorneys with blog research on case law and pending lawsuits.
- Support special projects delegated by attorneys, in addition to presenting findings at team meetings and taking on writing assignments.
About the Culture:
- This firm offers a 37 ½ hour work week and paid overtime
- The attorneys and staff are all welcoming and are enjoyable to work with day to day
- The firm loves to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and special employee events
- This is a place where you will be fully engaged with the work and able to take on substantive projects.
- Hybrid work model.
- Degreed. A Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal certificate in hand alongside direct previous experience.
- Left-brained. You are very detail-oriented and logical in your work.
- Writing and editing-whiz. You can clearly express ideas in your writing and spot grammatical errors in documents. Strong writing and editing skills are essential.
- Articulate. It’s essential that you possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed. You know how critical quality work is to a legal case. Organization and an eye for detail are key.
- Database Savvy. You have extensive knowledge in database software and feel comfortable navigating through the software on a daily basis.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, we encourage you to call us at 202-753-5070.