Montgomery County, MD
$68,000 – $78,000
As the Legal Executive Assistant with this firm, you will play an integral role supporting the founding Managing Partners and have the ability to develop client relationships and exhibit diplomacy. This firm is interested in meeting enthusiastic, hardworking candidates who are interested in the legal industry. The Managing Partners need to be able to trust this candidate to manage important projects with many competing deadlines. From observing well known litigators in action to managing client/attorney relationships, every day will be different. If you’re ready to get your foot in the door and make connections with a well-known local law firm, submit your resume for immediate consideration.
About the Job:
- Work closely with the Managing Partners to manage the daily activities and client needs.
- Familiarize yourself with current cases and anticipate next steps when preparing for court.
- Manage a complex schedule and follow-up with attorneys regarding upcoming case deadlines.
- Assist with legal research, fact gathering, and maintaining files; edit and proofread legal documents with a fine attention to detail.
- Prepare and process expense reports and client billing.
- Support counsel as needed with client-facing responsibilities and business development tasks.
- Complete personal assistant duties such as errand running, personal travel coordination, etc.
About the Culture:
- Offers 401(k), transportation benefits, and medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Small but mighty team with laser focus on family law.
- Executive Assistant experience. You have three to five years of prior experience supporting Executives, Attorneys, Partners or high-level Founders, previous legal support experience preferred.
- Quick study. You bring previous knowledge or can swiftly learn legal concepts, terminology, principles, and procedures.
- Adaptable. You can adjust your work style to fit the needs of busy attorneys.
- Detailed. You know how critical quality work is to a legal case.
- Service oriented. You always put the client first and deliver top service.
- Highly communicative. You provide clear communication to clients and internal contacts.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, call us at 202-753-5070.