$85,000 – $100,000
As the Legal Executive Assistant to this global law firm, you will be responsible for effectively completing administrative tasks and projects upon request from this busy practice group. You will be challenged with deadline-driven presentations, trial prep, document editing and drafting, and research tasks. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside extraordinary talent. If you are a conscientious professional who is focused on attention to detail, growth, and success, this could be the perfect role for you!
About the Job:
- Function as an assistant and main point of contact to a busy team, ensuring the attorneys calendar is properly managed and all necessary travel arrangements are made.
- Edit and organize legal documents, update client and company files, and follow up on engagement with clients.
- Work in a timely and efficient manner when tracking and delivering client bills.
- Serve as the liaison when monitoring all email correspondence.
- Prepare, edit and proofread presentations, documents, letters and reports, and assist in total client processing start to finish.
- Assist with ad hoc projects across the team.
- Own and operate phone and email communication across internal and external contacts with high-level professional demeanor.
About the Culture:
- A global firm with a large DC office dedicated to employee growth.
- Extensive paid time off and transportation/commuter benefits.
- Structured office environment which offers many resources to help you complete your job as efficiently as possible.
- Offers medical, vision and dental insurance along with 401(k) and retirements plans.
- Hybrid work model.
- Experienced. You have 3-5 years of administrative experience. Bachelor’s degree and previous work in a law firm is preferred.
- Ethical. You understand the importance of confidentiality and value integrity and humility in your work.
- Effective. Because you’ll be working closely with busy professionals and representing the organization, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Positive Attitude. You have a willingness to work collaboratively by taking on additional responsibilities and have an earnest interest in providing top-notch customer service.
- Service-oriented. You always put the client first and deliver top service.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, we encourage you to call us at 202-753-5070.