$60,000 – $75,000
As the Legal Assistant for this prestigious Washington, DC law firm, you will provide right hand executive administrative support to one of this law firm’s busiest partners. In this role, you will be responsible for various tasks to keep the partner organized and on track, in addition to playing an integral part in managing an ever-changing calendar, scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, and assembling legal documents. Experienced legal secretaries who are excited to take on this dynamic role are encouraged to apply.
About the Job:
- Provide executive level administrative support, including calendar management and travel coordination.
- Follow through on deadlines and deliverables.
- Assist with editing and proofreading legal documents.
- Provide customer service to firm clients, and act as gatekeeper for the partner.
- Process attorney’s billable hours and expense reports.
- Coordinate attorney’s personal work as needed with confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Support special projects as needed.
About the Culture:
- Prestigious boutique Washington, DC litigation and appellate law firm.
- Staff enjoys competitive salaries, 35-hour work week, overtime paid after seven hours per day, annual bonuses, and casual dress.
- Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, matching 401(k), flexible spending, pre-tax transit reimbursement account, and paid vacation and sick leave.
- Writing and editing-whiz. You can clearly express ideas in your writing and spot grammatical errors in documents. Strong writing and editing skills are essential.
- Tech savvy. Strong MS Suite experience desired with fine attention to details.
- Unruffled. You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and you stay calm during heightened times.
- Detailed. You know how critical quality work is to a legal case.
- Flexible. Availability for overtime is key. This position is in the office five days a week.
- Four-year degree preferred. Two or more years of prior legal administrative experience required.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, we encourage you to call us at 202-753-5070.