$60,000 – $70,000
As the Legal Administrative Assistant with this international firm, you will be exposed to an exciting opportunity to work directly with a busy, motivated and engaged attorney team! The firm is interested in meeting hardworking, flexible candidates who have previous law firm experience and seek their next challenge. The team needs to be able to trust this candidate to manage important projects with many competing deadlines. From observing well-known litigators in action to managing client/attorney relationships – every day will be different. If you’re ready to get your foot in the door and make connections with a well-known law firm, submit your resume for immediate consideration.
About the Job:
- Draft, prepare, and edit legal documents, reports, memoranda, and correspondence for litigation.
- Work closely with different attorney(s) to support specific projects. Familiarize yourself with current cases and anticipate next steps when preparing for court.
- Prioritize a constantly changing workload with inflexible deadlines all while maintaining a high level of performance.
- Assist with legal research, fact gathering, and maintaining files.
- Prepare and process expense reports and client billing.
- Engage with clients both over the phone and in-person, providing top-notch, professional service.
About the Culture:
- The attorneys and staff are all welcoming and are enjoyable to work with day to day.
- The firm loves to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and special employee events.
- This is a place where you will be fully engaged with the work and able to take on substantive projects.
- Offers a competitive salary, medical, vision and dental insurance, and retirement package.
- Polished. Four-year degree and at least three years of legal administrative experience.
- Professional. You can interface with a wide gamut of people including the firm’s attorneys as well as internal and external clients.
- Detailed. You know how critical quality work is to a legal case.
- Service oriented. You always put the client first and deliver top service.
- Team player. You work cooperatively as a member of a team and are committed to the overall success of the firm.
- Writing and editing master. You can clearly express ideas in your writing, spot grammatical errors in documents and pivot well working between technical programs.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, call us at 202-753-5070.