$60,000 – $70,000
This Baltimore-based non-profit is seeking an HR Specialist to dive into compensation and benefits-driven tasks across the team. The ideal candidate has direct experience working across compensation analysis functions in a changing environment. The HR Specialist is a team-player with strong judgement who acts fairly and diligently across sensitive information. This non-profit is determined to bring positive change across communities. If you have polished HR communication skills, excellent research and data analysis techniques and understand the ins and outs of benefits, send in your resume today!
About the Job:
- Ensure the team is operating at best productivity in relation to compensation analysis within its marketplace; conduct research on changes, evaluate current structures and implement needed change or strategy behind creating a fair, yet attractive compensation structure.
- Implement any changes across current processes to align with non-profit internal HR initiatives.
- Follow-through on questions regarding benefits, company-specific policies and general inbound inquiries.
- Acting as a unified HR unit, facilitate welcoming new hire employee onboarding and offboarding experience.
- Update and track employee files and records via hard-copy and data systems.
- Conduct benefit changes, updates, and research across the full span of non-profit coverage; track deadlines so all coverage is provided, and enrollment is met.
- Assist with additional HR needs extending past compensation and benefits, such as understanding employee lifecycles.
- Play a dynamic role in supporting the team, serving as a liaison with internal and external contacts to support efficient HR business practices.
About the Culture:
- A busy environment with lots of opportunity to positively impact a large community!
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Experienced and proficient. You have at least five years of experience in HR, compensation and benefit experience is a must.
- People-minded. You are accessible and aim to build and maintain an amazing workplace.
- Effective. You communicate well with others – both verbally and in-writing.
- Embrace technology. You possess strong MS Office skills, familiar with HRIS systems and learn new systems quickly.
- Self-Starter. You take initiative and go the extra mile; consistently auditing processes to have the best foot forward.
- Discrete. You have experience working with sensitive and confidential employee information.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, we encourage you to call us at 202-753-5070.