As the Human Resources Assistant with this firm, it will be your objective to work internally with staff to assist with hiring, benefits administration, and providing a wide range of support across multiple Human Resources functions. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, an excellent communicator/writer/editor, and interested in working for a company that offers amazing benefits, great pay, and a friendly environment.
About the Job:
- Assist with the recruiting process by screening potential candidates, managing job posting websites, following-up with referrals, and maintaining new hire data and documentation.
- Prepare and coordinate interviews for personnel.
- Liaise with different departments (payroll, IT, etc.) to ensure the accurate and timely transfer of data or records.
- Upload new hire forms and manage files in multiple talent acquisition software systems.
- Edit and update employee records including salary changes, address changes, name changes, etc.
- Manage the onboarding and training program for all new hires with the firm.
- Assist the HR Department with tasks that address and support efficient business practices.
- Compile and maintain HR records, including scanning documents.
- Plan and manage memorable employee appreciation events and gifts to encourage staff engagement.
- Handle any incoming HR inquiries from internal staff.
About the Culture:
- This law firm offers a 35-hour work week and paid overtime.
- Opportunity for growth and continuous training opportunities available.
- They love to spoil their employees with appreciation events.
- A beautiful downtown DC office with all of the amenities including a rooftop for entertaining.
- Eager. You have a Bachelor’s degree in hand with one (1) year of experience supporting HR responsibilities or managing workplace operations.
- People-oriented. You like earning people’s respect and trust by being the go-to person for your team.
- Systematic. You flawlessly follow directions and are methodical when following-up on a task.
- Tech-savvy. You can quickly learn new software systems and enjoy using new technology. Candidates who are already familiar with payroll, benefits, or management software are welcome.
- Microsoft savvy. You are comfortable working with data in Excel and creating presentations in PowerPoint.
- Discrete. You can be trusted with highly confidential information.
- Extremely organized. You have superior organizational and time management skills, with an emphasis on following practice and procedures.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.