$60,000 – $65,000
As the Events Associate at this DC think tank, you will be responsible for progressing department initiatives towards operating seamless, effective events and business development efforts. This role requires clear, consistent communication across internal teams and external vendor contacts. You will utilize your exceptional project management skills to organize seamless internal and external client-facing events ranging from virtual to in-person conferences, webinars, networking, and social experiences. This professional has a tasteful eye for design and owns the full production process while managing budget, multiple communication channels and post-event reporting. If you are someone able to juggle multiple projects at once with exceptional professional cadence, please apply today!
About the Job:
- Full planning, creation and execution of various events hosted locally and nationwide.
- Manage all communication efforts with internal departments reviewing budgetary guidelines, marketing materials for promotion, and pre and post surveys as well as external vendor communication and outreach.
- Update and monitor events calendar.
- Assure day-of logistics operate smoothly and successfully, includes occasional travel to event host locations.
- Oversee all parts of event registration such as making distribution lists and producing confirmations and reminders for attendees. Track reporting details following event organization.
- Assist in the coordination of event logistics including design, catering, signage and materials.
- Research new event venues and establish relationships with vendors.
- Offer administrative support through scheduling meetings, sending internal communications, shipping, and invoice and payment processing.
- Provide a unique lens on event logistics and audit processes to assure the highest efficiency and creativity.
About the Culture:
- Highly academic, well-established team of achieving professionals.
- Metro accessible office location.
- Opportunity for career advancement within the development space in a highly regarded institution.
- Bachelors in hand. You have at least two years of experience working within event organization or project management and can execute multiple short- and long-term projects efficiently.
- Consistent. You are highly organized and reliable in meeting deadlines and executing tasks.
- Professional demeanor. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive. You take initiative in fast-paced environments and adapt quickly when needed.
- Tech-savvy. You know the ins and outs of Microsoft Office Suite and have experience working with event software.
- Professional. You provide exceptional customer service, work well with a team, and always treat others with respect.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, we encourage you to call us at 202-753-5070.