$45,000 – $50,000
As the Communications & PR Assistant at this renowned think tank in D.C., you will work hand-in-hand with the media/public relations team and the assigned research teams on administrative and communications-driven projects and tasks. This public policy research organization is looking for a smart and passionate individual with superb writing skills to join their team. If you love communications work and have a strong interest in public policy, consider this your time to shine.
About the Job:
- Draft written materials such as position statements, press releases, one-pagers, blog posts, and newsletters on policy and business initiatives.
- Edit op-eds and other commentary for style, substance, grammar, and spelling, and submit it on scholars’ behalf.
- Build strong relationships and work with various media outlets including print and online editos, beat reporters, columnists, wire service reporters and editors, TV and radio hosts, correspondents, and producers to promote the organization’s work.
- Ensure relevant materials and resources are fully leveraged by staff.
- Monitor and update spreadsheets to track media coverage on assigned issue areas.
- Conduct research projects upon request.
About the Culture:
- Highly driven and scholarly environment filled with passionate and like-minded individuals
- Metro-accessible office location
- Strong benefits
- Opportunities to grow and learn in the communications space
- Strong academic record. You have a minimum of 3.5 cumulative GPA from your Bachelor’s degree, ideally in communications and/or political science
- Eye for detail. You enjoy proofreading documents and synthesizing complex information into digestible materials for everyday readers
- Experienced. You have relevant internship or work experience in demanding and professional work environments
- Knowledgeable. You have an understanding of the political landscape of the United States and its key players
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, we encourage you to call us at 202-753-5070.