Montgomery County, MD
$90,000 – $130,000
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced, and highly organized Project Coordinator and Executive Assistant to support a very active Principal in managing the day-to-day operations of his diverse professional projects and eclectic personal interests, including in such fields as history, theater, film, literature, and science. The Principal is the Founder and former CEO of a very successful company and is looking for a right arm to keep his multiple business and research projects on task and hitting projected deadlines. Candidates must thrive in an ever-changing environment, possess exceptional organizational skills, have keen attention to detail, while always grasping the bigger picture and overall goals.
About the Job:
- Assist the Principal to keep multiple projects on track, monitoring deadlines and helping juggle priorities, and assisting in optimizing his schedule.
- Prepare Principal for meetings and presentations, especially by gathering, organizing, and preparing documents and other materials, attending to the logistics of the meetings, taking and summarizing notes, and drafting, reviewing and handling communications on behalf of the Principal.
- Act as a primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Draft, edit, and proofread emails, memos, reports, and other documents as needed.
- Research a wide range of topics efficiently and thoroughly and summarize findings concisely and clearly for the Principal.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date electronic and physical filing systems.
- Oversee and manage other staff and consultants and sometimes directly manage projects as needed.
About the Culture:
- Compassionate, driven, and respected family office environment.
- Offers strong work/life balance.
- Intellectual. You possess a strong degree of common sense.
- Trustworthy, discreet and professional. Keep information private and confidential.
- Organized. Great attention to detail without losing sight of the “bigger picture”.
- Flexible and nimble. Comfortable switching priorities as needed.
- Project management. Ability to oversee multiple very different projects and understand the goals and timelines of those projects.
- Polished communicative. Excellent verbal and written skills, and very responsive via email and text.
- Positive. You bring a “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude.
- Knows MS Office. Especially can perform simple Excel Spreadsheets, Google Drive and similar skills.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, call us at 202-753-5070.