$50,000 – $55,000
As the Administrative Assistant with this government relations team, you will be providing indispensable support to a team of highly networked consultants. This is a great opportunity to use your previous experience from Capitol Hill to transition into the private sector where you can continue to fine-tune your skills. The team will depend on you for a variety of responsibilities and will consider you a key player in the office. The ideal candidate enjoys the administrative role, produces quality work in a fast-paced environment, and has an interest in politics. If you are looking for a position where you will make a significant contribution to a busy government relations practice, this could a great opportunity for you.
About the Job:
- Schedule meetings, plan events, coordinate arrangements, and prepare detailed itineraries.
- Manage calendars for multiple executives.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, dining reservations, lodging, and ground transportation.
- Create and edit business documents and presentation materials.
- Support the speedy and accurate submission of expense reports and other financial documents.
- Manage special projects as needed.
About the Culture:
- The firm encourages teamwork and respect, and contributes thousands of hours each year to pro bono efforts in the community.
- A company that highlights the importance of trust and respect among all of their employees.
- Benefits include 22 days of PTO, profit sharing, on-site fitness facility, and 100% paid premium for individual healthcare insurance.
- This position is approved to work from home once a week.
- Educated. A four-year degree is required.
- Experienced. This position requires previous administrative experience. Previous internships on Capitol Hill or with a government relations practice is a huge plus.
- Tech-savvy. You are an expert in MS Suite, and you love learning about new technologies.
- Professional. You are polished and professional in all written and verbal communication.
- Sharp. You are “on” every minute of the day and can keep up with a busy office environment.
- Resourceful. You understand the importance of being responsive and operating with little direction from your supervisor.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, call us at 202-753-5070.